Friday, May 27, 2016

Hara Bhara Tikki


                       Here is what is going on. We are starting to wrap up our stay in Texas as we are soon moving to New Jersey. So with this last couple of weeks left, we are catching up with our friends as much as possible. Our two year stay has been wonderful. Made some awesome friends and memories that we are going to cherish. Though I'm really excited to explore yet another new place but in the same time I'm going to miss my friends here. But I want to stay positive towards life. LIFE will definitely will have something great for me.

           Let's get to what's cooking today. Though it's been a while since I have  posted anything with potato. As we are trying to stick to a low carb meal for last one year or so. but whenever I invite friends over, I definitely don't torture them with all my low carb, low sodium, low oil meals.
   
     So Recently, when we had a family for dinner; I made this really easy quick Aloo tikki with loads of greens. Potato is such an amazing veggie. It pretty much goes with everythig. These Tikkis I shallow fried them but you can bake them as well.














Ingredients:
Potatoes boiled - 3-4 medium sized
Mint leaves chopped - 1/4 cup
Methi leaves chopped -1/4cup
Spinach leaves chopped -1/4cup
Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
Kasuri methi - 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Green chilli paste - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Semolina or suji - 1/2 cup
Corn flour paste - 1 tbsp. (Mix 2  tbsp. corn flour to 1/2 cup water)
Salt to taste
Oil to shallow fry

Method:
  • Take mint, methi, spinach in a food processor n give it couple of pulses.
  • Then mix together all the ingredients except corn flour paste.
  • Divide this mixture into 8-10 equal parts and shape them into tikkis.
  • Now heat oil, dip the tikkis in the corn flour paste and shallow fry both the sides till greenish brown color.
  • Serve hot with chutney.


Makes 8-10 tikkis.

No comments:

Post a Comment