Thursday, July 30, 2015

Matcha Lemonade


      Oh my goodness, this is my new favorite drink! I just love matcha tea. Thank you Karen Sleger for introducing me to Matcha tea. It's finely grounded powder of specially grown processed green tea. It has bunch of health benefits. Like when you drink Matcha tea you ingest the entire leaf and receive 100% of the nutrients of the leaf. Matcha tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea. So I keep looking for  different ways to use it. This time it's lemonade. When the temperature goes up it always calls out for something fresh and cold. So I made matcha lemonade and here's how! :) Give it a try!




Ingredients: 
lemon 1
Desired amount of sugar (Since the Matcha tea I'm using already has sugar in it so I'm going easy with sugar )
Matcha green tea powder: 1.5 tsp
Mint leaves few
Some Ice and water

Method:
  • squeeze the juice of one really juicey lemon and put it in your jar.
  • add a teaspoon of matcha green tea powder.
  • add as much sugar as you like ( I like mine sweet) and shake it all around until everything is well combined!
  • Crush few mint leaves and add it to the drink.
  • add some ice and fill the rest up with water!

Makes 2 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment